THE IMPORTANCE OF COIL PRIMING
Your coil is the heart of your vaping device. These heating elements are there to turn your e-liquid into vapour. Generally, with a manufactured coil, a heating element is encased in cotton. The cotton holds the liquid, enabling it to be vaporised once you apply power from your battery.
How to prime your coils:
It's really important to make sure your coil is primed properly before you first fire the device. To achieve this, you can follow these simple instructions:
1. Drip lots of e-liquid into the top of the coil, allowing the cotton inside to soak it up between drips and until you see the white cotton through the holes at the sides become wet. Be generous; if there is any excess once the cotton is fully saturated you can simply blow through the coil to push out it does not need.
2. Refit the coil and fill your tank with vape juice
3. Allow to sit for a few minutes to soak
4. Take a few 'Primer Puffs' by pulling on the atomiser as if you were vaping but WITHOUT firing the device.
5. If your device has adjustable power, turn it to a low setting and fire it there first
6. Work the power higher at intervals until you are back to your preferred power level
ANNNNND DONE! You should now have successfully primed your coil!
If you encounter 'spitting' from the device and a general gurgling sound when firing it, then the likelihood is your coil has become flooded. This can happen when the device is sat for any period of time or if the coil still has liquid inside from the priming process. If this occurs, simply grab a tissue, hold the tissue under the air flow holes on your tank, hit the fire button on your device and blow. Vapor will come out the sides of your tank but DONT WORRY, this is meant to happen! This action will heat up the coil and start to burn off excess juice while the tissue will also catch any unwanted juice being pushed from the coil. You may need to repeat this action few times until that gurgling sound is gone and you can hear crispy wicking sounds. Viola!